Insights, Trends and Current Cases in Healthcare Debt Litigation
Posted By Administration, Monday, March 5, 2018
Updated: Thursday, July 26, 2018
Recorded March 5, 2018
Join Executive Director Mark Dobosz as he interviews Stefanie Jackman, partner at Ballard Spahr LLP, in looking to answer the following questions:
- What are the biggest challenges facing healthcare collections today?
- Are there any recent litigation trends arising that are unique to healthcare?
- If attorneys are revoking HIPAA consent and also requesting debt validation, how do I respond? How much PHI can I disclose?
- How do I respond to their accusation that I am just trying to make it difficult for consumers to resolve their disputes?
- Does ERISA provide any avenue for attacking these self-funded plans?
Stefanie H. Jackman is a partner in Ballard Spahr’s Consumer Financial Services group. Her practice focuses exclusively on complex litigation and compliance advice relating to all areas of federal and state consumer financial services laws. She has handled dozens of federal and state enforcement actions and examinations involving collections issues, and regularly defends litigation involving the FDCPA, FCRA, and TCPA. Ms. Jackman also regularly handles internal servicing and collections compliance assessments and portfolio due diligence for her clients.
This post has not been tagged.