Pillars & Subcommittees
National Creditors Bar Association focuses on key areas of the organization to support its services to the membership. The NCBA Pillar Structure supports these key areas of service.
If you are a member of National Creditors Bar Association and have any questions or would like to be involved in any of these Pillars or Subcommittees please contact Lyndsey Cantees, Director of Membership, at [email protected] or call (202)-861-0706.
Co-Chairs: Michele Gagnon and Ron Miller
Staff Liaison: Nathan Willner
The Advocacy Pillar focuses on setting our policy priorities for ongoing advocacy for all creditors’ rights attorney issues within the government/regulatory environment at the federal and state level.
- NCBA PAC - Chair: Yale Levy
- SCBA Leadership Forum - Co-Chairs: Adam Cleveland and Brian Cloud
- Amicus - Chair: Crystal Duplay
- SCBA Grants - Chair: June Coleman
Membership & Engagement Pillar
Co-Chairs: Ellie Tami and Brit Suttell
Staff Liaison: Lyndsey Cantees
The Membership Pillar relentlessly focuses on existing member well-being. What is the value that we provide? What problems are we solving? What opportunities are we facilitating? How do we know? What programs and benefits are we providing now compared to what the marketplace will demand 12-36 months from now?
Additionally, this Pillar’s focus is on recruiting new members and assisting in the retention of current members.
- Subcontractor Oversight - Co-Chairs: Yale Levy, Alison Walters, and Scott Morris
- Client Advisory - Co-Chairs: Bill Hicks and Michael Stillman
- Partnership Program/Vendor Advisory - Co-Chairs: Michael Stillman and David Rothman
Co-Chairs: David Rothman and Alison Walters
Staff Liaisons: Nathan Willner and Liz Terry
The Communications Pillar integrates with other pillars to enhance and strengthen the association’s brand and relationship with external audiences to include policy makers, key media, potential members, creditors, vendors, sponsors, and the public at large via consistent and relevant marketing, media relations, and cooperative relations with affiliated organizations and influencers. The Pillar will additionally work to strengthen communications to internal audiences through tailored messaging and persona-targeted marketing to participant segments, including members, creditor and vendor communities.
- Awards & Scholarships - Chair: Crystal Duplay
- Foundation - Chair: Rachel VanHorn
Co-Chairs: Tom Canary and Stacy Stein
Staff Liaison: Kristin Berkery
The Education Pillar facilitates the development of creditors rights attorney law education at all levels. The Pillar seeks to encourage collaboration among practitioners and presenters, focusing on the collection, review, and dissemination of information that is of beneficial interest to the membership of National Creditors Bar Association. The Education Pillar will focus on providing education opportunities for the different size and segments of our membership.
- Defense Bar - Co-Chairs: Nicole Strickler and Tomio Narita
Infrastructure & Governance Pillar
Co-Chairs: Steve Markoff, Mark Groves, Barb Nilsen, and Scott Morris
Staff Liaison: Liz Terry
The Infrastructure and Governance Pillar oversees key subcommittees that keep the association running smoothly, and assists members with regular reviews of Bylaws, Professional Standards, and the operating budget.
- Executive Committee - Members: Barb Nilsen, Scott Morris, Steve Markoff, Mark Groves, and Liz Terry
- Bylaws - Co-Chairs: David Weimer and Marvin Dang
- Professional Standards & Grievance - Co-Chairs: Brian Cloud and David Weimer
- Budget and Audit - Chair: Scott Morris
- Elections - Co-Chairs: TBD
- Past Presidents - Chair: Bob Markoff
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion - Co-Chairs: Juan Andreu, Marvin Dang, and Brit Suttell