Now accepting submissions!
These scholarships will be awarded in the form of a payment to the individual's educational institution to be used for tuition, books, supplies or equipment. New in 2022, the scholarships are open to anyone who qualifies to the eligibility criteria below.
- Any high school senior admitted to a non-vocational, accredited two-year or four-year college or university;
- or a student currently enrolled in such an institution in pursuit of an undergraduate or graduate degree;
- or enrolled in a vocational school with the intent to pursue paralegal studies.
College Scholarships Topic - Student Loans
What information should students be provided and what knowledge is important for a student to have before taking out student loans for college/higher education? What impact will student loans potentially have on a student and/or their family after graduation?
First place recipient – $5,000
Second place recipient – $2,500
Law School Scholarship
This scholarship will be awarded in the form of a payment to the individual's educational institution to be used for tuition, books, supplies or equipment. New in 2022, the scholarships are open to anyone who qualifies to the eligibility criteria below.
Any student currently enrolled in an accredited school of law in pursuit of a Juris Doctor degree.
Law School Scholarship Topic - COVID and the Future of Work
How has the pandemic changed the workforce, labor market, and workplace? What changes, if any, do you believe will be permanent? If you were an employer, what do you think are the critical factors to building a strong workplace culture and attracting talent in light of these changes?
First place recipient – $7,500
NCBA encourages applicants to be creative and thoughtful in their submissions. A panel of judges and the NCBA Awards & Scholarship Committee will evaluate the submissions based on originality, clarity and insight of the subject matter. Submissions may be either an essay or video; criteria for each are:
- Essay requirements: The essay should be on the topic for the scholarship you are applying for and a maximum of three (3) pages, double spaced, with 11 or 12 point legible font. Do not include your name or any identifying information in the essay or file name. Please submit as a PDF in the scholarship submission form.
- Video requirements: The video should be on the topic for the scholarship you are applying for and a maximum of three (3) minutes. Do not include your name or or any identifying information in the video or video title. It is recommended that you upload the video to YouTube or other publicly available video service, to ensure your video is viewable. You can submit the link in the scholarship submission form.
Only one submission and application per person will be accepted. Applicants agree to allow NCBA to utilize all submissions without compensation.
Deadline and How to Apply
Submissions must be completed and entered no later than 11:59 p.m. PT on Friday, August 12, 2022. Complete the online submission form which includes the ability to upload your essay file or provide a hyperlink to your video submission. If you have any questions, contact us at [email protected].