National Creditors Bar Association focuses on key areas of the organization to support its services to the membership. The NCBA Pillar Structure supports these key areas of service.
If you are a member of National Creditors Bar Association and have any questions or would like to be involved in any of these Pillars or Sub-Committees please contact Lyndsey Cantees, Director of Membership, at email@example.com or call (202)-861-0706.
Co-Chairs: Brit Suttell and Chip Stacy
Staff Liaison: Nathan Willner
The Advocacy Pillar focuses on setting our policy priorities for ongoing advocacy for all creditors’ rights attorney issues within the government/regulatory environment at the federal and state level.
- PAC - Chair: Scott Morris
- SCBA Leadership Forum - Co-Chairs: Adam Cleveland, Brian Cloud
- Amicus - Co-Chairs: Ron Miller, Crystal Duplay
- Government Affairs - Co-Chairs: Chip Stacy, Brit Suttell, and Nathan Willner
- SCBA Grants - Chair: TBD
Membership & Engagement Pillar
Co-Chairs: Michele Gagnon & Alison Walters
Staff Liaison: Lyndsey Cantees, Robin Cole, Lisa Linke
The Membership Pillar relentlessly focuses on existing member well-being. What is the value that we provide? What problems are we solving? What opportunities are we facilitating? How do we know? What programs and benefits are we providing now compared to what the marketplace will demand 12-36 months from now?
Additionally, this Pillar’s focus is on recruiting new members and assisting in the retention of current members.
- Subcontractor Oversight - Co-Chairs: Yale Levy, Alison Walters, Scott Morris
- Appearance Counsel - Chair: Steve Markoff
- Client Advisory - Co-Chairs: Bill Hicks, Eeva Wendorf, Karen Hammer
- Vendor Advisory - Co-Chairs: Alison Walters, David Rothman
- Conference Advisory - Co-Chairs: Alison Walters, Steve Markoff
Co-Chairs: Scott Morris, Nicole Strickler, and Chris Couch
Staff Liaisons: Jim Podewitz and Nathan Willner
The Communications Pillar integrates with other pillars to enhance and strengthen the association’s brand and relationship with external audiences to include policy makers, key media, potential members, creditors, vendors, sponsors, and the public at large via consistent and relevant marketing, media relations, and cooperative relations with affiliated organizations and influencers. The Pillar will additionally work to strengthen communications to internal audiences through tailored messaging and persona-targeted marketing to participant segments, including members, creditor and vendor communities.
- Awards and Scholarships - Co-Chairs: Crystal Duplay, Eeva Wendorf
Education and Partnerships Pillar
Co-Chairs: Barb Nilsen and Tom Canary
Staff Liaison: Kristin Berkery
The Education Pillar facilitates the development of creditors rights attorney law education at all levels. The Pillar seeks to encourage collaboration among practitioners and presenters, focusing on the collection, review, and dissemination of information that is of beneficial interest to the membership of National Creditors Bar Association. The Education Pillar will focus on providing education opportunities for the different size and segments of our membership.
- Defense Bar - Co-Chairs: June Coleman,Tomio Narita
Infrastructure and Governance Pillar
Co-Chairs: Mark Groves, Barb Nilsen, David Rothman
Staff Liaison: Liz Terry, Robin Cole
The Infrastructure and Governance Pillar oversees key subcommittees that keep the association running smoothly, and assists members with regular reviews of Bylaws, Professional Standards, and the operating budget.
- Executive Committee - Mark Groves, Barb Nilsen, David Rothman, Liz Terry
- Bylaws - Co-Chairs: David Weimer, Marvin Dang
- Professional Standards and Grievance - Co-Chairs: Alane Becket, David Weimer
- Budget and Audit - Co-Chairs: David Rothman, Liz Terry
- Elections - Co-Chairs: Stacy Stein, Alex Snyder
- Past Presidents - Co-Chairs: Yale Levy, Bob Markoff
- Diversity & Inclusion - Juan Andreu, Marvin Dang, and Brit Suttell