Understanding Collections on a Deceased Account
(This is a one-hour event and free to both Members and Non-Members; CLE will not be available.)
IMPORTANT for REGISTERED ATTENDEES: Please follow this link to instructions to receive your login credentials!
Deceased collections is one of the least understood areas in the debt collection industry. Navigating the legal, financial, and psychological hurdles involved requires a great deal of skill and insight. This webinar will provide you with a better understanding of the probate process and the necessary tools to implement a successful probate recovery strategy.
Highlights of this webinar include:
· Overview of the probate administration process
· Differences between probate & non-probate assets
· Challenges & risks to meeting estate claim deadlines
· Actions to take if a claim is not getting paid
· Checklist for a successful probate recovery strategy
Julie A. DiBaggio is an attorney in the Cleveland office of Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA. As Chair of the Probate Recovery Group, she is dedicated to serving some of our country’s largest companies and financial institutions in the collection of debt from the estates of deceased customers. She also practices in the Healthcare Collections Group, assisting with healthcare arbitrations. Ms. DiBaggio has been recognized for her professionalism and legal ability by the media with her inclusion in the list of Ohio Rising Stars by Ohio Super Lawyers (2010, 2013-15). She is a member of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, was selected to the Advisory Council for the Cleveland YWCA, and holds a leadership position with the Greater Cleveland Friends of the Hunger Network. Ms. DiBaggio earned her J.D. from Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, and her B.S. in finance from the University of Dayton. She is licensed to practice in Ohio.
Continuing Legal Education (CLE) will not be available for this webinar.
IMPORTANT: To receive your login credentials for the webinar, please follow these instructions:
- For receipt of emails from the National Creditors Bar Association's webinar product, please whitelist firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On the day of the event, look for an email from Creditors Bar Education with the Subject Meeting Invitation.
- Although you have already registered, at the bottom of the Creditors Bar Education Meeting Invitation which you will receive on the day of the event, click on the green Register Now button and provide the basic information required to track your attendance to the event.
- Following this, look for an automated second email from Creditors Bar Education with a Meeting Confirmation. This has your credentials and link to the webinar.
- If you do not receive the second email, please look in your Spam folder or call National Creditors Bar Association at 202.861.0706.
- For additional questions or assistance, please contact Kristin Berkery or Laura Winn at email@example.com or 202.861.0706.